CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT: Weather or Not shipping delays due to Coronavirus. Click here for more details.
January 07, 2018
Want to make your party a memorable event that's the talk of the town? Looking for ideas to make visual impact in a large room? Try an umbrella canopy like the one Imprint Group created for the annual Prologis holiday party. This unique decor pulled together various elements - color, movement, and shape. Plus, it was perfect for the expansive space at the United Club Lounge at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. With its high ceiling, the club level offers a perfect fit for an umbrella installation. However, not only did Imprint hang umbrellas, they also washed them in an array of colors for a fun, party feel.
As the guests entered the building, they took a private escalator to the club level that was canopied with a few umbrellas - a teaser to the main event.
As they turned the corner to the party area, they were wowed by the design hanging high above the dance floor. The umbrellas themselves were only two colors, champagne and merlot; the gorgeous rainbow of colors was achieved with a wash of light. In the photo below, you can see the installation before the light wash (after can be seen at the top of this article):
We get a lot of questions about how to hang umbrellas like this. Special equipment is needed and many venues will require that professionals perform the install for liability purposes. If you're interested in creating this look, we recommend consulting your event company (like Imprint Group) and reaching out to us. Together, we can create a fantastic design to impress your guests!
September 26, 2018
I’m so sorry for the late reply; we weren’t notified of your comment. We will reply directly to you to ensure you receive our reply.
In case you are still looking for instructions on how to hang umbrellas like this, we have a few tips:
- We highly recommend hiring a professional decor company – or asking your venue if they would contract the work. This is especially necessary with high ceilings. Also, the venue’s insurance will likely require an insured party do the work due to the work involved. This isn’t a DIY project.
- The colors on the umbrellas was done with color washing/lighting (a cool effect).
- Some of our clients have purchased umbrellas (instead of renting) so that they could drill through the handles for more secure installation.
- Sometimes, the decor companies create a grid with heavy-duty wire from which to hang the umbrellas.
- Since you liked this idea, you might also like the umbrella chandelier that our WoN partner, Lighting & Design by Scott, created and rents out. We show photos here: https://weatherornotaccessories.com/blogs/real-events/chandelier-of-umbrellas
If there’s anything more we can answer for you, please email (email@example.com) or call 877-747-4466.
All our best – the WoN team
I need the same idea of hanging umberellas
Comments will be approved before showing up.
August 18, 2019
May 23, 2019
December 12, 2018
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …